If you`ve been working on a fixed-term contract and your employer has indicated that they`d like to offer you a permanent position, congratulations! This is a great opportunity to secure your professional future with a company you know and are comfortable with. However, before you accept the offer, you`re going to want to make sure that you have all the details in writing, and that`s where a fixed-term contract to permanent letter template can help.
This letter is essentially a formal document that outlines the terms of your new employment agreement. By having it in writing, you can avoid any confusion or misunderstandings down the line. It`s also a good idea to use a template so that you know you`re covering all the important points and making a professional impression on your employer.
So, what should be included in a fixed-term contract to permanent letter template? Here are some key points to cover:
1. The basics: Start with the date and a salutation, such as « Dear [Employer`s Name] ». Mention that you`re writing to formally accept the offer of a permanent position.
2. Job title and description: Clarify exactly what your new role will be, including any changes from your previous contract. If there are any specific responsibilities or expectations that you`ve discussed with your employer, make sure these are clearly stated.
3. Salary and benefits: Outline your new salary and any other benefits you`ll be receiving, such as health insurance or retirement contributions. If you`ve negotiated any changes from your previous contract, make sure these are clearly stated as well.
4. Notice period: If you`re currently on a fixed-term contract, you`ll need to give notice before leaving that role to start your new permanent position. Make sure to include the length of that notice period in the letter, and any other details that your employer will need to manage the transition.
5. Sign-off: End the letter with a professional sign-off, such as « Sincerely », and your typed name. You may also want to include a sentence thanking your employer for the opportunity to take on this permanent role.
By using a fixed-term contract to permanent letter template, you`ll ensure that you`re covering all the important points and making a professional impression on your employer. Take the time to review your letter carefully before sending it, and don`t hesitate to ask for clarification if you`re unsure about any of the details. With this letter in hand, you can start your new permanent role with confidence and peace of mind.